Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS) serve people ages 18 – 59 who have a disability. These services are free of charge and confidential.
How Can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help You?
- Provide accurate information on public and private benefits and programs
- Help determine which benefits and programs you may be entitled to
- Help you fill out applications for benefits, programs and services
- Talk with you about your choices and the programs or services that might best meet your needs
- Provide assistance in obtaining or retaining benefits and services
- Provide referrals, assistance and support on other matters, including disability rights and the impact of earning on financial eligibility for public benefits
- In some cases, you may receive representation in formal appeals related to denials of eligibility, termination of benefits or overpayment of public and private benefits
What Programs Can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help with?
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Social Security Disability (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicare, including Part D
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Low-Income Tax Credits
- Insurance Issues
- Housing and Utility Issues
For more information on Disability Rights, please reference the following: