Completing high school is a big milestone for most students, this is especially true for students with disabilities. It is an exciting yet scary transition for these students as they transition from high school to the adult world.
How ADRC can Help You:
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Jackson County helps assist with the transition process starting at the age of 17.5. The ADRC is an entry point for information and assistance on issues affecting students and adults with disabilities regardless of income.
Services Provided at the ADRC include but are not limited to:
- Disability benefits counseling
- Eligibility determination for publicly funded long term care programs
- Guardianship or other alternatives
- Help applying for benefits or dealing with a denial of benefits
- Information and access to publicly funded long term care programs and options counseling if eligible
- Post-secondary education options
ADRC services can be provided in person, via telephone or through a home visit.
To schedule an appointment please contact the ADRC of Jackson County at 715.284.3978 or 844.493.4245