The mission of this organization is to provide and broaden opportunities to enhance the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities, and their families. The information emphasizes support for underserved families in the community.
- Helps parents build partnerships with those who provide services to their children.
- Connects families to community resources.
- Educates parents on their rights and how to use those rights to become involved in their child’s education.
- Empowers parents and young adults so they may advocate effectively for their own needs.
- Provides information and resources to educators and other professionals who support children with disabilities.
You will find many useful resources, including the IEP Transition Planning: A Guide on this organizations available resources.
For additional information on youth transition services, please call the ADRC: 715-284-3978.