Elder Benefit Specialist (EBS) serve people ages 60 and over. Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS) serve people ages 18 – 59. Services are free of charge and confidential.
Benefit specialists are employed by the Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) in every county in Wisconsin. Tribal person may choose to work with a tribal benefit specialist.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind, use American Sign Language and need help with your benefits, you may choose to contact the Deaf Disability Benefit Specialist at the Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
What Benefit Specialists Can Do
• Provide accurate and current information on your benefits.
• Suggest alternative actions that you can take to secure benefits or appeal denials of benefits.
• Advocate on your behalf with other parties.
• Explain what legal action or other possible solution is required.
• Refer you to an appropriate attorney when necessary.
For more information, contact the benefit specialist to schedule an appointment in advance.
ADRC of Jackson County
715-284-3978 or 1-844-493-4245